WhatsApp is a messenger app. It allows to chat and to share images, audios, videos, GIFs, Pdfs to contacts for free. Recently, WhatsApp added new features. Previously, status is in text format only. Now, WhatsApp allows to Update Images, animated GIFs, and videos as status that automatically vanishes after 24 hours. The status will be shown to only those who are saved in phone’s contact list.
To Update “My status”
First Click on the WhatsApp, installed on the device, to open it. When it opens there are four tabs, camera, chats, status, and calls.
Steps to update the Status:
1.Click on ‘+’ icon, at the bottom line of the screen. Click on add icon will show options to choose whether a picture, a GIF, a video to put into the status.
Choose it from sliding bar shown on the screen. Use the camera option to take a picture or record a video and upload it instantly. The Video is trimmed up to 45 seconds By WhatsApp.
2. Edit the picture by crop, text, Emoji, and paintbrush.
3. Put caption by ‘add a caption’ option shown at the bottom of the screen.
4. To upload the Status, tap the send button shown at the bottom of the screen.
5. Want to delete the Status?
Here are two options:
- Click on the dots right side of My Status>press the status to select>delete.
- Click on the Status>view by option>delete.
6. To put more than one status simultaneously follow the same from 1 to 3.
7. To see someone’s status first tap to status tab then select contact’s status. Reply to this status by tapping REPLY while seeing the status. Reply option will let you in chat selecting the status.
8. If “read recipient” is turned off, Can’t see who have seen your status or if contact’s read recipient is turned off, Can’t see he has seen your status.
Status privacy: Change the setting of the status who can see it manually. To change status settingGo to Status tab> tap three dots at right upper side>status privacy>choose who can see.
Mute: Mute the status update notification in setting option. Tapping the Mute, no notification regarding the status will ping the screen.