A passport is a very important document. It is mainly used to get permission to travel abroad. If you want to travel abroad, you need a passport. In India, a passport can be used as your identity proof.
You can easily apply for a passport nowadays. Indians can apply for passports if they have an Aadhar card.
If you want your passport to arrive within 2 or 3 days, you will have to apply for a Tatkal passport.
Now, with the growth of technology, one can apply online.
Online passport applications are a very quick and convenient process.
It is mandatory to have a passport if you want to travel abroad.
So, if you are a hodophile or orophile, you need a passport immediately. Without this little booklet, you will not be able to visit anywhere.
Every country has its own passport. The most powerful passport in the world is Japan’s. With a Japanese passport, you can visit the majority of countries.
Now let’s have a briefing about what a passport is.
- What is a passport? Definition of a passport Brief idea of a passport?
A passport is basically a government document; it mentions your basic details. It is basically used for going abroad. The function of a passport is to give you the recognition of the country whose passport you are carrying.
Basically, in a foreign land, it is used to indicate where you belong and what your real identity is. Generally, it is an identity card in a foreign country.
- India’s passport is quite strong. Indians can travel to various places without any problems. But the catch is that an Indian can’t go to Pakistan with a passport. And also, a Pakistani can’t come to India for travel purposes.
- The two countries’ foreign relations are not that good, so it is prohibited. However, you can get a work visa from Pakistan to come to India, and Indians can also get a work visa to go to Pakistan to work.
- Japan’s passport is the most powerful passport in the world.
- According to new reports for 2023, the least powerful passports are those of North Korea and Afghanistan.
- The countries that have criminal records or have survived wars in current times get the lowest rank in the passport list.
So, these are some interesting facts about passports all over the world.
- Which places can an Indian passport holder visit without a visa?
As of May 2023, Indian passport holders can travel visa-free to 26 countries and territories.
For visa-free travel, you still must have a valid passport—usually six months after your departure date—and you must purchase travel health insurance as required by your destination country.
- Where can an Indian citizen go without a passport?
- British Virgin Island.
- Cook Island.
- El Salvador.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago.
Now let’s talk about the process of applying for a passport.
How to Apply for a Passport (Step by Step)
Here, I will show you how to apply for a passport step by step.
Here I will show you how you can apply for a passport online.
- Download mPassport Seva from the Google Play Store.
- Now, after downloading the app, open it.
- After opening the app, you will see various types of user interfaces.
- You have to choose “New User” and register.
- Select the nearest passport office.
- Give your name and surname, date of birth, and email ID.
- If you want to make your email ID your login ID, you can tap “yes.
- Add a password.
- Confirm your given passport.
- Now, in the hint question area, choose a question from the drop-down list.
- Now fill up the hint answer.
- If you ever forget your password, this hint question will help you log in.
- After the hint answer, write the captcha.
- Then submit the form.
- You will get a confirmation message in your email.
- You are successfully registered on mPassport.seva.
- A link will be sent to you by mail.
- Click the link,
- By clicking the link, you are actually activating your account.
- A page will open where they will ask you for your user ID. Type in your given email ID. Then submit.
- Then go to the main menu.
- Click on the existing user login.
- Then type your login ID or email ID.
- Click on Continue.
- Write down the password.
- Fill in the captcha.
- Then login.
- A dashboard will open where you will find the option “Apply for a Fresh Passport or Re-issue of the Passport.”
- Select your district and state.
- A passport-type dashboard will open.
- Here, you have to fill out the following information: Applying for a fresh passport or a reissued passport Type of passport: normal or Tatkal, Booklet type: 36 pages or 60 pages
- In the next step, you have to fill in the applicant’s details, like given name, and surname, Have you ever been known by other names? , Have you ever changed your name? Date of birth; is your place of birth outside of India? Village name/:oIs name/city name, state/UT, district/gender, marital status, citizenship of India by: Details of the Pan Card, Voter Card, Employee Types, Is either of your parents (in the case of minors) or spouse a government servant? , Education qualification: is the applicant eligible for the non-ECR category? Visible distinguishing mark: Aadhar No, after filling out all this information, click on I agree, and save details. Your application will be successfully submitted, and a reference number will be given.
- Then click on I agree” (yes).
- Now you have to fill up your family details like father’s name, father’s surname, mother’s name, mother’s surname, guardian name, guardian surname, spouse name, and Surname Click on next.
- Now fill in the present residential address, save the details, and click next.
- Fill out the emergency contact form. Fill it with a number you want to call in an emergency. Click on next.
- Then come the identity certificate or passport details. Fill it properly. If you are from Tibet or any other stateless city in India, then this column is for you. Click on next.
- Other details Web pages will open where they will ask you various questions, and you will respond appropriately.
- Passport previews will come. Now click on next.
- The self-declaration page will open; here you have to give two documents: proof of birth and proof of a recent residential address from the drop-down list. Now, at the end of the page, you have to fill out the form and accept the terms. Next, click on “Save Details.” Now submit your form.
- You will be shown a message of successful submission.
- Now you are returning to your dashboard.
- Click on View saved or submitted applications.” An application number will be shown with the date and name.
- Click on the three dots beside the application number.
- A drop-down list will open, and there you will find a payment option. Click it to pay money.
- Here you will get two options for payment; choose one.
- Next, check the schedule of appointments and finalize a date. Click on next.
- Choose the location of your preferred passport office. Fill out the captcha and click on “Next.”
- Now you will be redirected to the payment page. Choose a method of payment here.
- After successful payment, go to View saved or submitted applications and click on the three dots beside the application number.
- Select the “Schedule Appointment” option; a list of offices will appear; select one of them and click “Next. Fill in the name of the passport office where you need an appointment. Fill in the captcha right away.
- Now click on “Book an appointment.
- Your appointment has been successfully scheduled.
- To download an appointment receipt, go to the Passport India website.
- Print your appointment schedule here.
- After downloading your appointment receipt, you will get a message where the batch number and date of the appointment will be given.
Now the easy online process is done.
For getting a passport, you have to visit the passport office with mark sheets, an Aadhar card, and a PAN card. Your photos and signature will be taken at the office. After that, you will go through police verification.
After police verification, you will get your passport within one week.