Who doesn’t want some extra bucks and that too if it’s without any investment. Yes, you read it right. If you have a blog or a website and have the enthusiasm of earning moreyou are at the ideal place.
Being a blogger and an internet savvy person you must have come across the term ‘google AdSense’ quite often.If not then this is what you need to read and if done effectively I can assure you an extra flow of income.
You must be amazed to know that there are bloggers who earn as much as $200 to $300 per day through google AdSense and you can also be one among them. But yes,you need to be focussed and passionate about your work because ultimately this is what will lead you to make it or break it.
Your blog is a medium to reach your visitors but did you know that it is these visitors who can help you earn through google AdSense. Want to know how then read this out.This post talks all about google AdSense and how to earn from it.
What is Google AdSense?
As the name suggests it is an advertising service provided by google though which bloggers and website owners can display ads through videos, text or images in their website and earn money through clicks or impressions as per the rules.
So the more visitors you have the more are the chances of click which leads to more earning. Therefore I would suggest that before you apply for AdSense make sure that your website is at its optimum best in terms of its content, look and quality which can get you more and more viewership.
Now, before we go deeper lets discuss a few terms which are used in context of google AdSense.In other words you can also say that these are the ways in which AdSense earning are calculated.
- CPR– (Click through rate) it is the number of clicks you receive for every 100 ad impressions. There is a formulathrough which it’s calculated. i.e. no. of clicks/ad impressions x100.
- CPC–(Cost per click) as the name suggests it’s the number of times the visitors click on the ad’s. It’s the advertiser whosets the rate (CPC) and thus your income varies according to the rate of each advertisement.
- CPM-(Cost Per thousand impressions) it is the amount the publisher pays for per 1000 impressions clicked by the visitors. This is the most commonly used payment method so far.
Criteria’s to match for opening an AdSense account
Google is very strict with its norms and policies and if somebody tries to breach them they may have to suffer the consequences.So please be sure that you match the criteria’s which are really simple before signing in to it.
- Own your website- You need to own your website where there should be quality content to attract visitors and advertisers.
- You need to be at least 18 years old.
- Your website should comply with Google’s policies and conditions. Please note that they keep updating their policies and terms from time to time. So keep yourself abreast of the latest changes so that you can prepare yourself to fit into it.
How to open an AdSense account?
Go to the signup page of google AdSense and login with your email address. If you have a domain specific email address I would suggest you to login with it as it is more effective.Fill in the name of your website and select the language.
I have put in some snapshots for your better understanding.
Once you click on the continue button it will take you to another page where you need to fill up your contact information. Please be extra cautious while filling up your name and give the exact spelling, address and contact number to avoid discrepancies later on.
Tick the check box and Click on accept. You will receive a google AdSense mail for verification and your account will be active only after it’s verified. Next you need to put the AdSense codes in your website and this is where your work completes for the time being.
The google AdSense team will now review your website which takes approximately 1-2 months depending on a lot of factors like the kind of website, viewership, geographical location etc. Once your application is approved and it reaches a $10 mark you will receive an AdSense pin. You can start receiving payments when your website reaches $100 dollars mark.
Please note that in order to start receiving your payment two things are mandatory. Firstly, the AdSense pin to which I have already referred and secondly your tax information.
How will Google AdSense give you ads?
Once you have successfully created your AdSense account you will start receiving advertisements suitable to your website.
- Content based-It is always said content is the king. Here also based on your content your website is analysed by google. Your content, viewers, keyword usage etc. are used to determine what kind of ads best suit your website.
- Placement Based– Here the advertiser gets the opportunity to choose a website to place its ads. Once he finds your website suitable he chooses how and where he would post his ad.
AdSense is one of the most reliable advertising network .So do get it on your website, keep exploring and reinventing your website and start earning more.