Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology or S.M.A.R.T. ; is a admonishing system in computer hard disk or solid-state drives that detects and reports on various indicators of drive reliability, with the intent of enabling the anticipation of hardware crashes.
When S.M.A.R.T. data indicates a possible drive failure, software running on the host system will notify the user so stored data can be copied to another storage device, preventing data loss, and the failing drive can be replaced.
If the hard drive is totally broken, it is somewhat impossible for you to retrieve lost data from it. What you can do is just to try to repair it. Yet your crashed hard drive can still be recognized by your computer, thought it seems that you have no chance to access it.
With a crashed hard drive data recovery software like Wondershare Data Recovery, you can easily recover data from crashed hard drive. The software gives you a chance to have a total scan on your crashed hard drive, and then you will be able to retrieve almost all kinds of files from it, including videos, pictures, audio files, document files, etc.
No matter you can or you can’t open it, the most important thing is that crashed hard disk can be connected with your computer and recognized as a hard drive.
Recover You Drive Data in Three Easy Steps:
- Choose a recovery mode to recovering data after crash
You’ll be provided with 5 recovery modes after launching the program and setting the program to “Standard Mode”.
Since we are going to recover data from crashed hard drive, let’s select “partition recovery” as a try. This mode will help you to process the recovery of lost, deleted, or damaged partition.
- Scan your crashed hard drive
Here you just need to select your hard drive and click “Next” to continue.
Then partitions on your faulty hard drive will be displayed in the window. You have to select the partition that you are going to recover data from hard drive and click “Start” to scan for files you want to recover.
- Recover data from crashed hard drive selectively
When the scan is over, all found contents on crashed hard drive will be listed in the window. You can also check for file names or preview found images to check how many of lost files can be recovered. Select files you want to recover and click “Recover” to save them on your computer.
There is also another way,
For S.M.A.R.T. error, restoring data from the disk is not always necessary but still we all cry for data maybe images or movies or songs. If any error is found it is highly recommended to create a backup copy of all the important data, because now the disk can fail completely at any time. The errors make data copying impossible. In this case, you can use special hard disk data recovery software – Hetman Partition Recovery.
To do it:
- Download the program, install and launch it.
- By default, you will be suggested to use File Recovery Wizard. After clicking Nextthe program will suggest you to choose a disk to recover files from.
- Double-click on the faulty disk and choose the type of analysis. Select Full analysisand wait for the scanning process to finish.
- After the scanning process is over files for recovery option is shown in screen. Select the necessary files you want to get back and click Recover.
- Select one of the suggested ways to save files. Do not save the recovered files to the disk with any error.